Medical Supervision, Telemedicine, Research & Development
Klinikum Oldenburg’s Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Treatment provides expert support to the holistic and practical WINDEAcare concept to ensure the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing medical consulting and supervisory services, Klinikum Oldenburg also contributes its practical research and development experience. Over the long term, these research activities will be further investigated at the European Medical School Oldenburg-Groningen.
Klinikum Oldenburg not only provides the medical management of the care concept WINDEAcare, but also acts as the exclusive partner for telemedicine. The telemedicine centre at the Klinikum Oldenburg is operating since March 2015. It is the first of its kind in Germany and is thus pioneering. The telemedicine sector is staffed by specially trained and well experienced physicians from the university clinic of Anesthesiology, who can also request councils from all other specialist divisions of the clinic, if needed. This ensures maximum medical care at the highest quality level.
The telemedicine centre at the Klinikum Oldenburg offers :
- A legal secure system for teleconsulting
- A well integrated system into the entire rescue chain
- A guideline-compliant , algorithm-based acute and emergency medicine
- Help and delegation of medical questions to medical specialists
- Specially trained emergency medical aid specialists with a high degree of implementation experience in communication and human management
- Specialists of all disciplines represented at the Klinikum Oldenburg as consultants
- Transfer of all emergency medical vital data as well as audiovisual communication in real time
- data privacy compliant long-term storage of all medical data